The number 11 can be observed in the white space underneath the T.
In 2010, it was announced that Big Ten would expand from eleven to twelve teams, making the need for a new logo apparent. However, the new logo reflects the number 10, rather than the number 11.
The new logo - created by Pentagram - was finally revealed on December 13, 2010, & was launched with the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Big Ten Conference Reveals New Logo and Honors Football History with Division Names and Trophies - Big Ten Conference, December 13, 2010
- New Work: Big Ten Conference - Pentagram, December 13, 2010
- Big Ten Unveils New Logo/Divisions - SportsCenter.com, December 13, 2010
- Big Ten Reveals New Logo - TheStreet, December 13, 2010
- Big Ten Misses the Mark With Logo, Division Names - Bleacher Report, December 13, 2010
Big Ten Conference
Big Ten Network (49%)