- This page is about the media company currently known as "Globo", formed in 2020. For its television network formerly known as Globo, see TV Globo.
- "Globo" redirects here. For other uses, see Globo (disambiguation).
For other related logos and images, see:
Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A.
On October 2018, Grupo Globo's CEO Jorge Nóbrega announced the "Uma Só Globo" ("Just one Globo") restructuring project, in partnership with Accenture. Since January 2020, all Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. subsidiary companies were merged into a single company branded Globo, while Editora Globo/Infoglobo, Sistema Globo de Rádio, and Fundação Roberto Marinho instead for will remain as standalone sister companies, under Grupo Globo.
The new logo - seen on several ocasions since September 2020 before officially rolling out in December 21 - inherits the iconic Rede Globo symbol, but featuring a new wordmark (with the new Globobrand font, inspired by Globoplay), which is being gradually applied by all its brands, replacing ITC Avant Garde, used since 1975.
According to a press release from January 4th, 2021, the new brand identity illustrates the company's values composed of Brazilianness, proximity, diversity, sense of community, freedom and creativity. The architecture of the new brand brings the use of lowercase letters to represent proximity to the public. The vibrant colors reflect nature, and the rounded typography was designed to bring the idea of circle and movement.
- Globo unifica marcas em uma mesma estrutura a partir de janeiro (in Portuguese). Meio e Mensagem, published in November 8, 2019.
- O novo logo da Globo pra peças publicitárias. (in Portuguese), Twitter, posted in September 14, 2020.
- Em sigilo, Globo prepara lançamento de sua nova marca; veja como será (in Portuguese). TV Historia, published in October 13, 2019.
- Globo começa 2021 com nova marca (in Portuguese). G1, published in January 4th, 2021.