- "We created a branding solution that builds on ITV1's positioning and reinforces the modern and active character of ITV2.
- ITV2 is all about doing, entertaining, playing and winning. While the graphic presentation is modern and stylised, the use of conversation and realistic effects in the sound design make the brand feel human and accessible.
- The modern styling is based on typography and language. The idents are active – swimming, dancing, bowling, fairground attractions – positive lifestyle attributes." - English & Pockett
A slight logo change was done on 28 October 2002.
This logo, created by Bruce Dunlop and Associates was launched on 14 July 2003. The new look often featured the word "flip:side", which positions ITV2 against ITV1. One aspect of this was the logo's colours were reverse to those of ITV1.
- "Our new design work on ITV2 has created a more focused look for the channel, creating a brand that does justice to its strong position in the market. We set out to show that there is a whole other side to ITV and in doing so strengthened both ITV1 and ITV2. Our idea to ‘flip’ the three blue blocks and one yellow block of ITV1 to the opposite ratio for ITV2 was the natural visual realisation of this. This allowed us to have fun with the channel and at the same time create a distinctive, uncompromising attitude and look." - Matt Piper, designer, Bruce Dunlop & Associates
ITV plc launched a new corporate look on 16 January 2006, created by Red Bee Media.
- "ITV2 programming has an addictive quality to it – you just can’t help watching it! As a result, the creative idea for the branding for this channel is centred around fun, excess, and general over-the-topness – too much of everything. It’s a journey through a visually rich, vibrant and stylish ITV2 environment. The idents use a mixture of live action and animation to bring this world to life. This is also taken through into the on-screen design elements from promo ends to menus to break bumpers" - ITV plc press release
A new look for ITV2 was launched on 20 August 2008, featuring a 3D and tilted logo.
Another full ITV plc corporate rebrand launched on 14 January 2013, ITV2 received a "hot red" version of the 2013 ITV logo, establishing ITV2 as the "home of infectious entertainment".
On 12 August 2015, the ITV2 logo was changed from "hot red" to a primary "green-cyan gradient", with other colours appearing on idents.
|1998 Idents (1998-2001) | 2001 Idents (2001-2002) | 2002 Idents (2002-2003) | 2003 Idents (2003-2006) | 2006 Idents (2006-2008) | 2008 Idents (2008-2013) | 2013 Idents (2013-2015) | 2015 Idents (2015-present)