- This article is about the German TV channel. For the Hong Kong TV channel, see Phoenix Television.
Phoenix (stylised as phoenix) is a German TV channel jointly run by the German public broadcasters ARD and ZDF, airing news & current affairs, documentaries and discussion shows. It has used the slogan since its launch in 1997.
Phoenix received a new look in November 2008. The new look was created by the design department of WDR. The blue colour was abandoned in favour of a grey design. The logo has been stretched so it has the same proportions as the then-new wider television screens.
- - DWDL.de, 26 November 2008
- - Design Tagebuch, 27 November 2008
- - Horizont, 28 November 2008
- - Presseportal, 28 November 2008
Phoenix introduced a new simplified logo and graphics package on 4 June 2018, adopting a petrol-green colour for use in the on-air identity and retained the Avenir font. However, the logo bug shifted from the traditional top left corner to the bottom left, which is also used by fellow German news channel Welt.
- - Design Tagebuch, 4 June 2018
- phoenix redesign 2018 - Process Reel - Multiple owners on Behance, 28 June 2019
|ZDF | ZDFinfo | ZDFneo