For other related logos and images, see:
RTP (as Radiotelevisão Portuguesa) has started its transmissions on 7 March 1957.
In 1982, RTP obtained colors for its new logo. The logo had an golden antenna with the words "RTP" in the center. Also, the globe was removed.
In 1996, RTP modified its antenna logo, changing its color from yellow to blue and adding 3 colored lines colored in red, green, and blue. The RTP name changed its typefont and moved from the center of the logo to the bottom of it.
Rádio e Televisão de Portugal
In 2004, RTP unveiled its new logo, an evolved version of the antenna, now denoted by straight lines, and in all-blue color. The logo first appeared on the construction of the building of RTP and RDP. The RTP name also changed its typeface.
With the new logo, all RTP channels changed their logos, using different colors.
- RTP Memória adapted its logo to the corporate one on October 18th, 2015.
- RTP1 adapted its logo to the corporate one on March 7th, 2016.
- RTP2 adapted its logo to the corporate one on May 9th, 2016.
- RTP África and RTP Internacional adapted their logos to the corporate one on October 7th, 2016, a year after RTP Informação being rebranded to RTP3.
- RTP Açores adapted its logo to the corporate one on December 8th, 2016.
- RTP Madeira adapted its logo to the corporate one on February 13th, 2017.