On January 31, 1995, the station changed its affiliation from ABC to Fox citing low ratings from the then-overabundance of stronger-rated ABC affiliates available over-the-air and on cable from nearby markets.
Action News 10 on Fox 38 open (January–September 1995)
On September 1, 2011 WFXW ended its affiliation with Fox and became an ABC affiliate once again, now under the callsign WAWV-TV; the affiliation was the result of a dispute between Nexstar Broadcasting Group (who manages the station with owner Mission Broadcasting in a joint sales agreement with NBC affiliate WTWO) over reverse compensation of retransmission consent earnings during negotiations to renew the Fox affiliation, along with an affiliation agreement with ABC to continue its affiliation on Nexstar/Mission stations in other markets, that saw Nexstar drop the Fox affiliation for ABC as a preemptive move.
WAWV ABC News logo, to be used on the 5 p.m. newscast, debuting on September 1, 2011.
1Nexstar operates these stations owned by Mission Broadcasting. 2Nexstar operates this station owned by Cunningham Broadcasting. 3Nexstar operates this station owned by White Knight Broadcasting through an SSA. 4Nexstar operates this station owned by Marshall Broadcasting through an LMA. 5Owned by Shield Media, LLC, Nexstar operates this station through an SSA. 6Nexstar operates this station owned by Vaughan Media. 7Predecessor company of LIN Media. 8Operated under local marketing agreement. 9Currently a repeater for WWLP. 10Currently a translator for WISH-TV. 11Joint venture with MGM Holdings. 12Joint venture with Discovery, Inc., in which Nexstar owns 31% while Discovery owns the remaining 69%. 13Pending sale to Fox Television Stations