Logopedia
Advertisement
This page only shows primary logo variants.
For other related logos and images, see:

Contents

1958–1963 1963–1969 1969–1980 1980–2003
1958–1963 1963–1969 1969–1980 1980–2003
2003–2013 2013–2014 2014–2022 2021–present
2003–2013 2013–2014 2014–2022 2021–present

1958–1963

WKBW-TV 1958 logo.jpg

Originally signed on the air on November 30, 1958 as a primary ABC affiliate on VHF channel 7, it was first owned by Clinton Churchill, owner of WKBW radio (1520 AM, now WWKB), who later sold the stations to Capital Cities Broadcasting in 1961.

1963–1969

Wkbw0766.jpg

1969–1980

Wkbw196980.svg
WKBW 1978.png

1980–2003

WKBW (1980-2003).svg

When Capital Cities announced its acquisition of ABC in March 1985, it was required to divest stations to stay within Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ownership limits of the era. The company announced the sale of WKBW-TV to J. Bruce Llewelyn's Queen City Broadcasting in August of that year; the sale of the station would be completed in early 1986, shortly after Capital Cities completed its acquisition of ABC. In late 1993, Granite Broadcasting Corporation acquired a 45% minority stake in WKBW-TV from Queen City Broadcasting. A year-and-a-half later, in June 1995, Granite bought the remaining 55% interest in the station.

2003–2013

WKBW circle 7 2000s.svg

2013–2014

WKBW 7 2013.jpg

2014–2022

10404090 10152332589931892 5932730366256450069 n.jpg

On February 10, 2014, the Cincinnati-based E. W. Scripps Company announced that it would acquire WKBW-TV as well as MyNetworkTV affiliate WMYD in Detroit from Granite Broadcasting for $110 million. The FCC approved the sale on May 2, which was completed on June 16. After the purchase, the logo was changed to the formerly proprietary ABC 'circle 7' logo also used by sister station WXYZ-TV in Detroit. Until New Year's Day 2022, this was used in tandem with the next logo.

2021–present

WKBW (2021).svg

This logo is based on the one used by flagship sister station WCPO-TV in Cincinnati. This logo started appearing on digital platforms in September 2021, and made its on-screen debut New Year's Day 2022.

External links


Advertisement